|1867||The University of Applied Arts was founded as the „School of Applied Arts of the Austrian Museum of Art and Industry" (now the Museum of Applied Arts).|
|1900||The school was separated from the museum and, consequently, the need for a separate library emerged.|
|1906||A Librarian of the school was mentioned for the first time.|
|1913||The first classified catalogue (approx. 1.500 items) was printed.|
|1934||Professional standards and a continuous acquisitions policy were introduced.|
|1967||The library was moved into new accommodation in a newly built part of the university.|
|1978||The name „Hochschulbibliothek der Hochschule für angewandte Kunst in Wien" (Library of the University of Applied Arts in Vienna) was introduced.|
|1988||A new periodicals reading room was designed by Wilhelm Holzbauer.|
|1993||The main reading room was newly designed by Atelier Jurjevec.|
|1998||The name "Universitätsbibliothek der Universität für angewandte Kunst" was introduced.|
|2018||Redesign of the library at the new location (architects: Riepl, Kaufmann, Bammer) at Vordere Zollamtsstraße 7, 1030 Vienna.
Opening of the new library on 24.9.2018.